Sooo.... last Thursday, I got a call from a staffing agency who saw my resume online and has a client looking for someone with my type of specialized work experience and wanted me to come in to talk about it. Meanwhile, they sent me all the computer testing they wanted me to do and I spent the better part of the evening completing that. Friday, I met with the staffing agency, found out I did beautifully on the tests, filled out a books worth of paper work to be "hired" by the agency and we discussed me and the position she had in mind. Afterwards, Ms. Agency said she would contact her client with my resume and test results and see if they want to meet with me for an interview.
Just after I got home, I got a call from Ms. Agency who said the company (actually state government based) wanted to meet with me on Wednesday at 2:30. So excited. So, I did some research, found out more about this department the position and pay scale.
Yesterday (Wednesday) I went to the company/department, checked in with the receptionist. I was told someone will be right out and to take a seat. While sitting there guess what I'm privileged to hear. Yep you guessed it and I will replay this for you as a short play.
1st lady: (walks up to the receptionist counter and says something indistinguishable (or I just wasn't paying attention))
receptionist: "Oh, how wonderful. How far along are you?"
1st lady: "Oh I don't know, I just found out this morning."
receptionist: "You mean with one of the home tests? Those are pretty reliable."
1st lady: "Yes. I'm surprised, we weren't even trying, but I'm very excited."
I mentally throw my arms in the air, look at the sky and scream at fate "Really! Now! You couldn't have this sperm magnet walk on by with her happy news 5 minutes from now when I'm not sitting here!"
stage lights dim. curtain down.
True story.
Anyway......
Leaving sperm magnet behind, I went and spoke with the manager once she came and got me. She knew of the company I had been working for and was impressed I had been there for 7 years. She also was already talking like I worked there (good sign) and said she needed someone right away and wanted me to come in for 4 hours/day for a week or so and try it out as a temp. I started today.
All went very well. I got to use a real office with a door and a window and a new Mac with a gigantio screen and a big fatty desk (this would be my office if I get the job). I went to lunch with the manager, the director and a few other ladies and got to socialize. At the end of the 4 hours, the manager came in and closed the door (yea there is a door. I spent 7 years in an open cubicle) and wanted to make sure I am applying for the job and that I knew where to do that. I let her know that I already started the process last night. She was quite happy with that. It is quite a process to apply because this department is affiliated with school districts so there is a lot of paperwork, hoops to jump through and red tape. If this works out, I'll be making $8500 more a year (to start) than I was making at my last job.
Better get back to it. Yea! I work again tomorrow. Your good luck vibes and thoughts worked. Keep 'em coming until I'm officially hired.
Is This Thing On?
14 years ago

4 comments:
Sending you TONS of good vibes! I'm so relieved that this is working out for you :)
Yay for the new job and sending you lots and lots and lots of good vibes for the permanent job! It sounds wonderful!
Holy cow! I guess things happen for a reason after all. More money, yippee!! Congrats! I'll be sending more +++vibes your way!
Yay!! (sorry i'm late on this)
Congrats and lots of good, positive vibes heading your way!! :)
Post a Comment