The morning radio show I listen to is hosted by 2 upbeat ladies that often have fun, impulsive topics that keep me entertained while I’m trying to wake up and start working.
2 weeks ago, one of the ladies, luckily the married one, started freaking out because someone said they thought she was pregnant because she was peeing all the time. She had the producer run out and buy every brand of HPT’s she could find. Eventually the radio host peed on about 5 sticks and yep, right there on the radio it was announced that they were all +. This was a big surprise to her and she started bawling uncontrollably. The shock has since worn off and she is now excited.
I was estimating she was maybe 6-7 weeks given that she was peeing all morning and drinking tons of water before POAS and still got strong +. The pictures were posted on the radio’s web site.
None of this really bothered me. Many people find out in the 5-7 week mark.
I had been listening for 2 weeks for her to say how far along she has discovered herself at.
This morning, she was talking about having her first u/s and her husband’s lack of reaction (he is out of town right now). I came in on the middle of this conversation and thought awwww, the first u/s. She must have seen the little bean and probably a heart beat. Then they said…it’s a Boy.
What!?!
To see the gender, she must be at least 18 weeks. I checked out the u/s picture on the radio’s website and the LO is not as defined as some of our TTC grads that update with their 20 week u/s. I’m guessing 18-19 weeks (they didn’t say while I was listening). This means she was roughly 16 weeks when she found out.
Quick math tells me she is due right around my Anniversary. When I wanted to be due.
Which I would have been if I would have O’d on time and obviously got pregnant.
But this was the point at which my body decided to rebel against any plans I had and stop Oing.
Humph!
I reserve the right to pout for a little while then it will all be fine.
Still on my quest to be positive and look on the bright side of life. It takes practice.
Is This Thing On?
14 years ago

3 comments:
Um... how do you NOT know you are preggo for that long?? Maybe it's just because we are obsessed with TTC, but honestly it baffles me that there are women out there that have no idea they are preggo until 3+mos in.. Wha??
Go right ahead and pout... I'm pouting with you! I'm still annoyed at these "It's so easy for me to get knocked up" stories!
um, I'm currently watching "Paralyzed & Pregnant" and I want to pull my hair out!!! You're a bigger person than me. I've decided that I get to be crabby and mean about other pregnant people now! :-)
Post a Comment