…to get pregnant. She didn’t say that in so many words, but it was the stripped down bottom line conclusion.
I saw my Dr., Dr. H, yesterday and she agreed that I’m not ovulating. She did order blood tests to see if there is any thyroid, pituitary, or ovary problems, but said she highly doubts it. Dr. H said that it is unknown if hormonal imbalances cause weight gain or if weight gain causes hormonal imbalances. But that making sure I’m getting the proper nutrients is a great first step.
When I went in to the office, the first thing they did was the dreaded weighing. Why do Dr.’s scales always show more than the bathroom scales? In the morning I was 6# less than the Dr.’s scale showed. With the Dr. scale my Body Mass Index is 32.8. with my bathroom scale in the morning, in the nude, BMI is 31.9. Over 30 for women on the BMI is considered obese.
Dr. H recommended this book and loaned me this book.
Dr. H is also big into the stop focusing on TTC and you will get pregnant school of thought. How do you concentrate on not concentrating on something? She was promoting the whole mind-body connection thing, so when reserving the 1st book at the library, I found this one and this one and reserved them too. I'll pick them up tonight.
The last one only came out a few months ago. They seemed to fit into the whole conversation that Dr. H and I had. She did also use the term IF which is very scary to hear out loud. She did say if the diet and relaxing don’t kick things into gear that I’ll have to go to a RE or an OB that deals with IF to start on meds.
I’m really hoping now that something comes back on my blood work that can easily be fixed.
In the mean time, no sweets (communist at Christmas time), a fruit and veg. at every meal, reading…..
…..and relaxing….
…..hard to do when I burst into tears at any given moment.
Is This Thing On?
14 years ago

3 comments:
BULLSHIT!
BULLSHIT!
BULLSHIT!
Pardon my language, but seriously. I'm so sick of these stupid freaking doctors who AREN'T LISTENING!
YOU AREN'T OVULATING! YOU CAN'T GET PREGNANT IF YOU AREN'T OVULATING! I WANT TO PUNCH YOUR DOCTOR IN THE FRICKEN FACE!
You aren't too fat hun... to be quite honest, I'm shocked that your doctor didn't mention anything about PCOS. Many women with PCOS struggle with weight loss... you can diet all you freaking want but it still might not cure your ovulation issue... it might, but it might not if there's still an underlying medical issue that's not being treated like PCOS.
*sigh*
Get a second opinion.
This just doesn't sound right to me. Any doctor who tells you to "relax" when she KNOWS you aren't ovulating is a quack to me.
Don’t apologize for your language. I have been thinking the same thing at times, at other times; I don’t know what to think. My first step is to take her advice until we get the blood work results back. We did talk about PCOS and neither of us thinks that is what is going on. I don’t have any of the other symptoms. I had a diagnosed cyst 12 years ago, and have had 2 u/s since then, the last one being in March, and there were no cysts either time.
I found out last night after the appointment that my Mom had thyroid problems when she was younger. As strange as it sounds, I’m kind of hoping that’s what it is because I know it is easily fixed.
I’ll update when I get my blood work results. Candi, you make me smile with how passionately angry you are at my Dr. Thank you. I will take your advice and get another opinion if nothing shows up with the blood work.
I am in complete agreement with Candi! I would definitely go seek a second opinion!
If you aren't Oing there is something WRONG that relaxing and losing weight aren't going to fix. I would ask for a referral to an RE ASAP!
Post a Comment