Earlier this year I started a Twitter account. For the life of me I can't remember why now. I don't update very often and when I do, I feel that they are the least interesting posts one could read. I have talked about the weather or going out on Lake Washington for SeaFair (Seattle's summer celebration). I even rarely log on to see what the 8 people I follow are saying. So why pray tell do I have 15 followers with the majority being random people that I have never heard of? Do people really sit around hitting the follow button on anyone they can find? If that is the case, it's pretty lame.
Don't get me wrong, I think it is cool to have as many followers as I can have, but I would prefer them to be people genuinely interested in me and my life. And, I would completely understand if I regularly updated with interesting, insightful or exciting posts, but that is just not me. I save all my interesting, personal stuff for my blog and the message boards. I have family on Twitter for goodness sake.
Now there is so much pressure to be witty, interesting, and/or entertaining in 140 characters or less for complete strangers.
Is This Thing On?
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment